During this 1-hour webinar, participants will learn about the coding guidelines for problem-oriented evaluation and management (E/M) visits that went into effect on January 1, 2021. Dr. Michael Policar and Ann Finn, billing and coding consultant, will review the 2021 changes to E/M coding, discuss coding for telemedicine visits, and share case studies in family planning that demonstrate correct E/M and ICD-10 diagnosis coding. This webinar is intended for Title X clinicians and billing staff who have experience with coding but desire a deeper understanding of the 2021 modifications that focus on utilizing either total time or medical decision making in choosing the E/M level for each visit.
Participants are encouraged to submit questions in advance during registration.
- Dr. Michael Policar, Professor Emeritus of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Ann Finn, Ann Finn Consulting, LLC
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify key E/M changes that went into effect on January 1, 2021
- Apply E/M changes to their practices
- Address challenges in their agency to code code family planning visits accurately Describe updates to medical decision making (MDM)
- Describe how to code a telemedicine visit
Continuing Education: 1.0 contact hour
There is no fee for a continuing nursing education (CNE) certificate upon successful completion of this activity.
This nursing continuing professional development activity has been approved for a maximum of 1 contact hour by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. Activity # RHNTC26.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. is an approved provider with distinction of nursing continuing professional development by the Northeast Multistate Division, an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Certificate of Completion: Yes - available after completing the evaluation at the end of the recording