Strengths-based Strategies for Engaging and Retaining Title X Staff Workshop
Staff retention is a long-standing challenge for many Title X agencies, a reality made worse by the pandemic.
This interactive workshop will introduce participants to strengths-based management, an approach shown to increase staff engagement, retention, and productivity. Participants will learn the evidence for strengths-based management, concrete ways to apply this approach to day-to-day operations, and how to build a supportive organizational climate that increases staff retention while reducing burnout. Throughout the session, participants will have opportunities to engage in individual reflection, small-group exercises, and action planning.
This workshop is intended for Title X staff in management positions, including program managers, administrators, clinic directors, and HR staff. The workshop will be facilitated by Dr. Julie Rennecker, PhD, BSN, who brings extensive experience in staff development in health care settings.
This workshop is a follow-up to the RHNTC’s Building a Supportive Environment for Staff Retention in Family Planning Settings Webinar in April 2022.
- Dr. Julie Rennecker, BSN, PhD, Founder and Chief Catalyst of Syzygy Teams
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between staff “strengths” and “competencies”
- Articulate how a strengths-based approach affects staff members' job performance and job satisfaction
- List three ways to immediately apply strengths-based management in day-to-day employee interactions
- Identify opportunities for extending strengths-based management into their agency's standard HR practices (e.g., performance evaluations, job descriptions)