Providing Family Planning Services to Adolescents During Uncertain Times
This webinar presents strategies that family planning programs can use to ensure access to services for adolescents during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Kaleigh Cornelison, MSW, from the Adolescent Health Initiative, will discuss how COVID-19 has changed the way adolescents access family planning services. She will also share best practices for providing adolescent-centered care, including through telehealth. Ms. Cornelison will then lead a panel discussion with adolescents and clinicians from the University of Maryland’s Adolescent & Young Adult Health Center and the Lone Star Circle of Care. The clinicians will discuss their experiences providing family planning services during the pandemic, while the adolescents will talk about their experiences receiving services. Both will offer strategies for providing youth-friendly services. This webinar builds on the Promoting Youth-Friendly Environments in Family Planning Clinics webinar, held by the FPNTC in March 2020.
- Kaleigh Cornelison, MSW, Lead Program Specialist, Adolescent Health Initiative
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the experiences of youth receiving family planning services during COVID-19
- Describe the experiences of service providers working to meet adolescents’ needs
- Identify three common challenges for adolescents who want to access family planning services during COVID-19
- Describe at least two strategies for providing youth-friendly family planning services during COVID-19 that can be continued after the pandemic to increase access to care