Advancing Preconception Health Services
How can your Title X program strengthen its preconception health services?
Preconception health services are core to providing high-quality family planning services and key to reducing maternal morbidity and mortality, low birth weight, preterm birth, and infant mortality. This webinar will provide key steps to strengthening your preconception services for Title X clients. Preconception health services support the health of individuals of reproductive age before conception or between births (interconception), and benefit all individuals of reproductive age, regardless of whether they are planning a pregnancy.
Webinar participants will learn about the RHNTC’s new Preconception Health Toolkit, which was designed to help family planning providers review and strengthen the quality of their preconception health services. Speakers Sarah Verbiest, DrPH, MSW, MPH, and Debbie Farb, RN, BSN, MPH, both of the University of North Carolina (UNC) School of Medicine, will provide an overview of the toolkit, including recommended strategies and corresponding resources.
- Sarah Verbiest, DrPH, MSW, MPH, Director of the Jordan Institute for Families in the UNC School of Social Work, Executive Director of the Collaborative for Maternal and Infant Health in the UNC School of Medicine
- Debbie Farb, RN, BSN, MPH, Research Nurse, UNC at Chapel Hill, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the historical role of family planning and preconception health services.
- Explain the purpose of the Preconception Health Toolkit.
- List at least two steps to enhance Title X projects' preconception health services and activities.
- Describe at least one new resource from the Preconception Health Toolkit .